These baked pears are the most delicious healthy dessert or a wonderful indulgent breakfast. They are smothered in vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup and topped with a golden, oaty, pecan crumble. Served up warm with yoghurt or cream they are heavenly! A great alternative to baking an entire crumble as they require 5 minutes of prep and 25 minutes of baking. Naturally gluten-free and vegan! Serve them up for brunch with friends or as an easy dessert.
- Vegan: just serve with vegan yoghurt!
- Gluten free: be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
- Maple syrup: sub honey if you aren’t vegan or agave.
- Pears: works perfectly with apples too!
- Dairy free: use a dairy free yoghurt or serve them alone.
- 4 pears
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Halve the pears and use a teaspoon to spoon out the core. Arrange in a baking dish.
- Melt the coconut oil, then stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Spread 1 tsp of mixture over each pear and then place the dish in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix the oats and pecans with the remaining coconut oil mixture.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the crumble mixture over the pears.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm with yoghurt.
Let me know down below if you enjoyed this recipe! You may also like my Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal.