Welcome to 2019! I have exciting things in store this year – including my just-launched Food to Photo eBook which is a complete guide to food photography for beginners with activities, worksheets and more. Today I have the easiest, quickest recipe to share with you all today that can quickly jazz up your daily breakfasts: blackberry chia jam.
Chia jam is utterly delicious and is amazing because you gain all the nutrients that are packed in to the chia seeds alongside the goodness from the fresh berries. The chia seeds also act as the thickening/gelling agent so there is no need for lots of sugar in this jam! It is so easy to make and is ready in a few minutes, with just chia seeds, blackberries and a little honey to sweeten.
You can really use any fruit to make this, I love to change it up depending on what berries are in season and to just use a mix of whatever I have in the house. It is delicious spread on toast, but also spooned on to porridge or on a croissant. I always have a few jars of this in the fridge!
Chia Seeds Nutrition
Chia seeds are packed with so many nutrients that make them a wonderful addition to chia jam, here are a few of the highlights:
Blackberry Chia Jam
- 300 g blackberries fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Add the honey and berries to a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for 5-10 minutes until the berries have broken down and the mixture is syrupy. Use your spoon to mash the berries as they soften to help the process.
- Add the chia seeds and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour in to jars. Allow to cool then place in the fridge or serve immediately.
I hope that you enjoy this easy blackberry chia jam recipe! Let me know down below what you think and tag me in any of your creations on Instagram @essentially.emma