I have never
Botanical cocktails are my absolute
If you aren’t a drinker, or just fancy a non-alcoholic option, these can easily be made without alcohol as a delicious mocktail!
- Gin: you can swap the gin for vodka or white rum very easily. It will change the taste slightly but I love it with rum too!
- Soda water: you can use tonic water too if you are making them with gin or vodka. If you are using rum I would stick to soda water.
- Lemon: just as delicious with lime! Opt for white rum, soda water and lime for a mojito version.
- Blueberry: you really can use any berry in this recipe.
The lavender syrup that I am using in this recipe is a recipe I recently shared. You can use fresh or dried lavender and it is so easy to make! Prepare a bottle and use it in these cocktails, lavender lattes, cakes and more.
Blueberry Lavender Gin Fizz Cocktail Recipe
Blueberry Lavender Gin Fizz
- 2 tsp lavender syrup
- 2 measures gin
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 litre soda water or tonic water
- 1 lemon
- To prepare the blueberry puree, simmer the blueberries and water in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until broken down. Mash the mixture or blend in a blender and allow to cool.
- Slice the lemon in half and slice off two slices for decoration.
- Roughly chop the mint.
- Add the mint, blueberry puree, lavender syrup, gin and a squeeze of lemon juice to the bottom of each glass. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add ice to each glass and then top up with soda water. Mix to stir up the blueberry mixture at the bottom.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and some more mint.