I have the most delicious breakfast recipe to share today that is a dream for all of you chocolate lovers out there! For those of you who would eat chocolate for breakfast lunch and dinner but still want something filling and nutritious, this is the perfect option. A thick, chocolatey smoothie bowl topped with coconut, banana, almond butter, cacao nibs and almonds. Adding a protein powder to smoothies and smoothie bowls not only gives you a great amount of protein in a meal that would usually have very little, it also makes it much more filling and will keep you full all morning! I am excited to be partnering with Garden of Life on this recipe to share a bit more about their range of vegan protein powders.
Why protein powder?
If you are vegan, vegetarian or mostly plant-based, it can be a bit trickier to make sure you are getting enough protein and you need to make sure you are eating a wide variety of protein sources. Vegan protein powders are a great way to get a boost of protein in, particularly after a workout as they are so easy to use! There are plenty of options out there, but Garden of Life’s Raw Organic Protein has several features that put it above the rest:
- It contains 13 raw sprouted proteins. Sprouted grains are an amazing source of nutrients and have higher levels of nutrients that are easier to absorb and digest. 13 different sources also means you are getting that variety that is important on a vegan diet!
- Its gluten-free and contains no fillers or artificial flavours.
- Alongside the protein it also contains vitamins A, D, E and K and digestive enzymes.
- It contains 3 strains of live bacteria to promote gut health!
- It tastes delicious! So many vegan proteins taste grainy or sandy but this protein is creamy and oh so delicious.
Garden of Life have several flavours and other vegan proteins available so check out their full range to find which one suits you!
Use my discount code EMMA10 for 10% off your order up until the 31st October, this is on top of the sale they currently have running! Check out the whole range here.
Vegan Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl
- Food processor or blender
- 1 large frozen banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Chocolate Protein
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder optional
- 1/2 banana slice
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp chopped almonds
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp dessicated coconut
- Add the frozen banana, protein powder, milk, cacao powder and maca powder (if using) to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If it is too thick, add a splash more milk. If it is too thin, add another chunk of frozen banana or some ice cubes.
- Serve in a bowl and top with all of your toppings!
Disclaimer: this post was a part of a paid partnership with Garden of Life. All opinions are my own and I wouldn’t share the product if I didn’t love it!