This lavender syrup is a super simple recipe that can be used in so many dishes to add a lovely floral hint of lavender. It is particularly good in cocktails, sponge cakes
I have just prepped a few bottles of this with lavender from my garden and now have plenty to see me through the summer. Just keep it in the fridge and whip it out at barbeques with friends to instantly impress them!
If you are lucky enough to have some lavender in your garden, simply cut some stalks and either use the flowers fresh or hang upside down to dry for 2 weeks. If you are looking to buy lavender, I recommend finding some culinary lavender.
If you are looking for a delicious cocktail or mocktail recipe to use this in, try my Lavender Blueberry Gin and Tonics. They are the perfect summer drink!
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 3 tbsp lavender flowers fresh or dried
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit and steep for up to an hour – the longer you steep, the stronger the flavour!
- Drain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth into an airtight bottle/container and store in the fridge.