Happy almost March everyone! I can’t quite believe where the year is going! We brought home a darling little puppy named Ruby a few weeks ago and she has turned our lives upside-down in the best way! I am all about quick, easy recipes at the moment as she needs constant supervision so these 15 minute peanut butter oatmeal cookies are just the ticket. Perfect for when this sleep deprived dog mom needs something sweet!
- Nut butter: you can easily use any other nut butter in this recipe, hazelnut and pecan is another favourite of mine!
- Gluten-free: As long as you use gluten-free oats, this recipe is naturally gluten-free.
- Vegan: Swap the egg for a flax egg.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter smooth or chunky
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil add an extra 1 tbsp if your peanut butter is
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir through the egg, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the peanut butter.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to scoop out balls of dough roughly the size of a ping pong ball. Arrange on the baking tray with plenty of space to spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the baking tray as they will be soft straight out of the oven!.
Let me know down below if you liked this recipe! If you are looking for more cookie recipes, I recommend my Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies